Skip to main content

6 Hollywood actresses were sexually assaulted when they were young

 

It is known that there are many cases of rape which are registered every day. It was estimated that around 250,987 victims of sexual assault/rape suffer in the United States every year. But it may come as a shock to you that many famous actresses have suffered this misfortune of being included in this statistic.

 For celebrities who come forward, they help fellow survivors know that they’re not alone. Here are six who have taken this step.

Alyssa Milano

She was born on December 19, 1972, is an American actress, producer, activist, and former singer. Alyssa Milano says she was sexually assaulted as a teen but stayed quiet about it. Thirty years later, Milano wrote about her story:

“My name is Alyssa. When I was 19-years-old, I was at a concert of a very famous pop star who told the crowd to get closer to her, this resulted in a stampede. People were smashed against each other. I couldn’t breathe, I thought I was gonna die. From behind me, I felt a hand up my skirt and I was punched repeatedly in the vagina, I couldn’t turn around. I looked to the stage, and I looked to the security guards, and I said, ‘Please help me’ and they couldn’t help me. They shook their heads. I managed to break free and I climbed up the stage to get away from my predator, and I turned around and I didn’t know which one it was. And I looked to the sea of people and I couldn’t find him.”

She said it took me three decades to tell my parents that the assault had even happened. I never filed a police report. I never told officials. I never tried to find justice for my pain because justice was never an option. I didn’t tell anybody because I didn’t know who it was to tell on and I didn’t know who it was to report.

Read more: 6 Actresses with the most Oscar wins (1929 - 2023)

Brooke Shields

She was born on May 31, 1965, is an American actress. She said that occurred in her 20s. At the time, she was a recent Princeton University graduate and unable to find much work, the "lowest point of my career," After dinner with a Hollywood executive ("I thought I was getting a movie, a job"), he invited her to make a call for a cab from his hotel room. There, he assaulted her. "I didn't fight," I just froze."

Shields told People magazine in March of 2023 that she blamed herself for the attack, and felt like she couldn’t come forward. "People weren't believing those stories back then. I thought I would never work again," she says. Shields says she’s telling the story after more than 30 years to encourage other survivors.

Jena Malone

She was born on November 21, 1984, is an American actress and singer. She has received numerous accolades, including nominations for a Golden Globe Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.

Jena Malone says she was sexually assaulted while filming The Hunger Games movies. Jena Malone said she was sexually assaulted by a coworker while making 'The Hunger Games,' but did not name her assailant.

Read more: The worst mass rape in European history with pics

AnnaLynne McCord

She was born July 16, 1987, is an American actress. AnnaLynne McCord is opening up about overcoming the horrific sexual trauma in her past. After suffering sexual abuse as a child at the hands of someone she knew, McCord was raped by a friend when she was 18. "My body froze and did what it did when I was little." Now, "I'm grateful to be on the other side, Healing can be terrible. But I love my life."

Amy Schumer

She was born on June 1, 1981, is an American stand-up comedian, actress, writer, producer, and director. Hollywood actress Amy Schumer has revealed that she lost her virginity through a date rape by her then boyfriend. She lost her virginity at the age of 17. “I lost my virginity while I was asleep, and that's not OK,” she said. Schumer said her former boyfriend felt bad after the incident and she was angry about it, but she still tried to comfort him. "The first thing he said was, 'I thought you knew. I didn't say anything yet. He was my boyfriend. I loved him. I had to comfort him."

Read more: 7 Richest female singers in the world 2023 with pics

Gabrielle Union

She was born on October 29, 1972, is an American actress. In 1992, the actress was working at a Payless shoe store when she was forced into the stockroom and raped at gunpoint. She said “It was literally an out-of-body experience. That me and the me on the ground getting raped became one and I grabbed the gun and I did my best to try and kill him because I really felt I was about to die. So it was either going to be him or me, and it wasn’t going to be me, not on that day.”

For survivors, media coverage of each new revelation can be distressing, forcing them to relive what happened to them. Some survivors are inspired. Often, the reaction is not what they expected.

Designed by Open Themes & Nahuatl.mx.